Thursday 17 September 2009

(6) Putting the Snorkel assembly back together

Putting the Snorkel assembly back together
Photobucket
Powdering the new sac with pure talc, kindly donated by eckiethump.

Photobucket
Because I hadn’t put the snorkel tube back into place, I put my thumb over the rubber bung, then put the sac into the bottle of talc and turned it around for a good coat without it flying everywhere.

Photobucket
Sac and rubber bung in protector, heating to soften the rubber bung before insertion.

Photobucket
I heated the rubber bung a little, then put the snorkel tube back in. It took a few adjustments to position it perfectly, heating very briefly each time – I reassembled the pen to make sure it was just so. This meant taking the snorkel assembly in and out of the nib unit a couple of times, so ideally, I should have changed the ink sac *before* changing the seals. You live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments seem to be working okay again. You can try leaving one, it might work! If not, you can reach me on twitter if you like @Flounder_FPN