Wednesday 26 October 2011

(1) Removing the Resonator Box

To improve access to the steering rack, I took out the resonator box, after looking up how to in the shop manual. This is another first for me, I've never seen one in a car, and only ever heard of Helmholtz resonance in the context of motorbike airbox shapes. The resonator box is highlighted below.


Photobucket


I removed the four 10mm bolts highlighted in green...


Photobucket

...Then pulled the resonator from its rubber intake connector, circled below.


Photobucket


On the other side, I pulled the resonator from its path to the airbox, and freed the tube immediately below from its clip on the resonator.


Photobucket


After these steps, the resonator can be pulled straight out of the engine bay, revealing the left half of the steering rack.


Photobucket



In my next post, photos of the airbox removal, exposing the right half of the steering rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments seem to be working okay again. You can try leaving one, it might work! If not, you can reach me on twitter if you like @Flounder_FPN