Tuesday 16 February 2016

Flounder's First Light Tent

Wow, I haven't posted on the blog for an age and a half! Let's start with my first ever photo taken with a light tent.

Con-tent (sorry) - a Pilot 78G fountain pen, with a Lucky 659 demonstrator cap.


It's a clutter-reducing 30x30x30 eBay cheapie which arrived today, branded Phot-R. The tent seems to have done a surprisingly decent job diffusing shadows, which is pretty good going considering I only used a single light source! With this inexpensive piece of kit, I hope to banish February's awful evening lighting conditions enough to take clear photos.

I'll be starting with a review of the Lucky 659 - it's a clone of Pilot's discontinued 78G fountain pen, and adds some finishes that weren't available in Pilot's original range. Lucky have thrown in a few quirks for good measure too!

2 comments:

  1. I ordered one of these based on your review at FPN and am awaiting your in-depth review here... which may arrive before the pen, currently resting in some sorting center, somewhere...

    Scrivelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scriverly - the 659 review is up on the FPN review subforum. Hope it's helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments seem to be working okay again. You can try leaving one, it might work! If not, you can reach me on twitter if you like @Flounder_FPN