Thursday 17 September 2009

(4) Making an ink sac spreader

Photobucket
Before cutting the new sac to size, I had a few shots at attaching it to the rubber bung (without shellac). This is all new to me and I found it pretty fiddly and difficult.

Making a Sac Spreader
Photobucket
I don’t have a sac spreader, but copying the design of the one on sale at pendemonium, I had a go making one. This section is one of those tangents you can probably skip reading, because it turned out to be a fruitless enterprise!

Photobucket
Here’s a (sort of) straightened out paperclip.

Photobucket
A twist in the middle…

Photobucket
Twist again…

Photobucket
More twists…

Photobucket
Last twists…

Photobucket
The finished sac spreader. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the ink sac on the rubber bung using this at all, not once. Maybe the genuine article is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments seem to be working okay again. You can try leaving one, it might work! If not, you can reach me on twitter if you like @Flounder_FPN